STAP Industries is now accepting applications for full-time Machinists. We are looking for a skilled Machinist to operate a variety of machines to perform assigned tasks. You will produce or repair precision parts using both manual and automated equipment and accurate measurements.
- Read prints & job orders to determine dimensions and machine set-up; set-up and operate various machining equipment such as lathes or mills in order to machine or grind components to precise customer specifications; use measurement tools to ensure accuracy of part; attend on-site apprenticeship classes in addition to on-the-job learning while performing responsibilities on the shop floor.
- Reviewing samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
- Planning the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Taking measurements and marking material for cutting or shaping
- Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job
- Determine and program size of batches, speed of machine etc.
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages
- Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Candidates must possess a high school diploma or equivalent; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset
- Must have working knowledge of measurement tooling and instruments.
- Working knowledge of basic CNC machine set up and operating, including milling and lathe.
- Proven experience as machinist
- FeatureCAM/Fusion 360 experience required
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.)
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Good at math with analytical abilities
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.